Sunday, March 11 – 3:30PM – 4:30PM
Alex Lemanski Founder/Web Craftsman Bitfyre
Slides, Links, Examples: http://bit.ly/teamSass
- Saas allows for variables so you only have to replace elements in a single place in your style sheet.
- Nesting selectors so you don’t have to repeat multiple tags or divs
- Nesting Statements as well
- Web Workbench (Visual Studio Plugin)
- Compass.app (Mac/Windows/Linux)
- CodeKit (Mac)
- Saas itself
- sass convert
- Generated Line Comments
- FireSass for Firebug
Common Good Practices in CSS (same for Sass):
- don’t nest more than 4 selectors deep
- break things down as much as possible
- work from the main area of content out
Number conversions can be created to convert px to em or back.
For the actual compiled CSS output, you can display it whatever way you’d like:
nested, expanded, compact
Nice mixins for the various browser-specific syntax – Sass can just bring them all in.